We’re on the lookout for a Senior Data Scientist who has great social skills, initiative, and integrity. Ideal candidates will have exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability. Our Senior Data Scientist will play a key part of the Deanta strategy and will work closely with our proprietary project management and content editing system called Lanstad.
Job responsibilities include:
- Apply advanced data science, AI and machine learning techniques to solve challenging real-world problems in the areas of system performance and linguistic programming.
- Engage in on-going learning to identify and develop valuable new sources of data and machine learning technologies with applicability to Deanta’s product and solution roadmap.
- Work with customer-facing platforms and teams to understand and meet the needs of Deanta’s clients and end-users.
- Collaborate with product development teams and contribute to product design, development, delivery and support.
- Develop robust, scalable and maintainable machine learning models to answer business problems against large data sets.
- Utilise statistical natural language processing to mine unstructured data, and create insights; analyse and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Build document clustering, topic analysis, topic modelling, text classification, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and part-of-speech tagging methods for unstructured and semi- structured data.
- Perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and organise experiments in conjunction with best practices.
- Creating dynamic decision making processes and trying to predict future events from the historical data.
- Benchmark, apply, and test algorithms against success metrics.
- Interpret the results in terms of relating those metrics to the business process.
- Work with development teams to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across many clients.
- Visualise data to tell compelling stories.
- Leading the planning and implementation of data science projects.
- Coordinating project staff.
- Masters degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning, data science, or applied scientist roles.
- A proven track record of designing and implementing successful machine learning solutions for real-world problems.
- Experienced with NLP.
- Excellent programming skills in Python.
- Advanced working knowledge of machine learning modelling/computation frameworks such as scikit-learn, spacy, TensorFlow, NLTK.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, rapidly prototyping and testing new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills to present, explain, and articulate technical works to technical colleagues as well as non-technical audience.
"Working as a project manager at Deanta gives me a great opportunity to combine my academic and professional backgrounds in a way that I couldn’t do elsewhere. The most satisfying aspect of the role is arriving at the finished product - and we have very high standards in Deanta - and sending on the final deliverables for both print and online publication to a very satisfied client."
"I get a kick out of meeting deadlines, but the most rewarding part of my job is when an author has a copy of their book in their hands and sends us an e-mail because they are really happy with the finished product. On more than one occasion, I have even received a card to say thank you in the post! It’s also very satisfying knowing that we have made the production process smooth for our clients."